Monday, September 18, 2006

Scientology - a Very Personal Religion


When I was growing up I didn't know what my religion was.

I asked my older sister (who always knew everything back then) and she told me I was an agnostic, because I was seeking truth and doubting what I'd been told.

Then I found Scientology, many years ago now, and from the first book I read I realized I had found something that didn't require belief. You looked at it and it was either true for you or not. You didn't have to "believe" anything.

But I also found it very interesting that everything I checked out -- checked out.

On the one hand here was something that let me discover my own truth, by own universe; it allowed me to really understand myself and what I had experienced -- and not just this lifetime either.

Yet on the other hand it was incredibly practical. L. Ron Hubbard had discovered truths that are as invariable as physics.

Then about 10 years ago, when David Miscavige announced the Golden Age of Tech (a whole program of making it possible for anyone to learn Scientology technology and increase their ability to apply it with ease and precision) everything went up a whole level. I found my ability to understand Scientology principles increased immeasurably, and the personal gains I experienced from the application of Scientology did too.

It's actually a great time to learn about Scientology.

No comments: