Monday, May 31, 2010

Another CNN Casualty--Should CNN examine editorial policy?


Article in the New York Times tells of another casualty in the CNN lineup--"This time it is Campbell Brown, and she is leaving with an extraordinary amount of candor." The Times goes on to state: " Ms. Brown said she was leaving on her own accord, having concluded that she was unable to compete with the opinion-mongers that dominate cable news in prime time. "

I've never been much of a CNN fan. Except in the moments after a tragedy, when they seem to have the first reporters on the scene, I tune out because of the sensationalism.

But I guess I'm not alone--their ratings are taking such a dive.

I look on them as a kind of a 90's anachronism. Their recent Scientology "exposé" (hah) was so pathetic it just cemented my earlier views. But judging from their continued slide to oblivion, it looks like I'm not alone in my opinion.



A civilization without insanity, without criminals and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights, are the aims of Scientology.~~~L. Ron Hubbard, founder of the Scientology religion

No comments: